Friday, October 26, 2007

MJ's Thriller, Coffins, and other Sacrilege

As some of you know, I work a full time job as a graphic designer for Bennett and I also work part time for Avalon Church as a graphic designer. Typically I go over to the church on my lunch breaks (because they're right next to each other) and I see what's going on and try to enjoy my break and visit with family and friends (also known as "Guitar Hero"). But what happens is I get sucked into the vortex that is a conversation with Ritchie Miller or I get stopped by some of the staff members and they ask me to design them stuff or help them print something or fix email or what have you. I hear this a lot "Hey, I'm glad you're here...".
Last week was a little different though, I walked into Andrew's office to find Dusty and Kirk planning this past weekend's illustration. The coffin. Thankfully they were gracious enough to include me in on some of the brainstorming. I don't want to brag,...but Michael Jackson's Thriller was my idea. And man was it awesome. The delivery, the sound, the lights, everything worked perfectly! I am still amazed at some of the things we do. At Avalon Church we are constantly striving to be more and more creative and culturally relevant.
I love it.
I want to thank Andrew, Dusty and Kirk for allowing me to be a part of that creative process. I look up to all those guys and I learn from them and their creativity every day.
I love you guys.
If you missed this past weekend or haven;t been to Avalon in a while, you need to come back. I promise we'll blow your mind and your brain and your head.

Peace

No comments: