Monday, November 12, 2007

Reel Christmas

Ok, so I haven’t posted in a while. Shut it! There are only like 3 people that read this anyway.
Lately I’ve been working on the Christmas graphics and intro video for “Reel Christmas” our new series that starts in December. Ritchie is going to be using some classic Christmas movies to illustrate his points. The movies are…

• National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

• It’s a Wonderful Life

• The Grinch

• Elf

I wanted to make sure I used some clips from these movies in the intro, which was a big step for me because usually I only do simple animations of the static image that I create. So this time around I worked completely backwards and started at the end of the intro and worked towards the beginning and then created the static images from the video. I grabbed the movie trailers of off www.imdb.com and made a “video wall” and animated that bouncing around so hopefully no one will notice that it’s all the same clips just 10 seconds apart. Then I animated the title sequence using a tutorial I found on-line. And when I say I used a tutorial I mean I totally ripped it off because it was awesome just the way it was and it worked perfectly.

Paul McCartney said, “Good musicians borrow, and Great musicians steal”. Well the same applies for graphic designers!

I hope you guys like it, you’ll see the final product in a few weeks.

Peace

No comments: